From power-packed schedules to this pandemic situation, our extension dial phone and laptop has become a major part of our lives as all the schools and colleges are running virtual classes. I know it’s very monotonous to sit at home for more than 4 months. So why not do something fun or change this boredom in a productive way? If you have settled watching all of Netflix or Prime and the idea of spending another day on the couch is too much that you can bear, it's time to change your routine and get those creative juices flowing. From updating your CV to writing a novel, from learning a language to organising your wardrobe,there are plenty of things that you can do while still at home. Most importantly start with your goals.
● SET YOUR GOALS - Productivity means headway. It's time to break your long term goals down into action in order to expand and blossom. One thing you need to focus on is to just prioritise your goal which means make it clear what is important for you.
● LEARN A LANGUAGE - Want some fun? learn a language. In today's world we have so many platforms where we can learn new things. One of the main platforms is Youtube. And then there are many online tutorials at your disposal. You can even use the two most useful apps which are the most useful language learning apps: Duolingo and Memrise.
● LEARN TO COOK - Cooking is the most fun activity. Just having fun with all those colourful spices and making a dish with it. So mouthwatering. You can always start cooking by learning the basics.
● CREATE A MOOD BOARD - Do something unique. Fill your ideas, aspiration, inspirational quotes or images. Mood board will be perfect to put one's thoughts and visualise what one needs from their life. It will keep you motivated.
● UPCYCLE YOUR FURNITURE - Got bored staring at the same furniture. Yearning to give a new look to your legroom. Don't worry, I have an idea for you. Try some DIY (Do It Yourself) and transform those worn out pieces which will give vigour to your space.
● YOUR CV - For most of us post lock down, updating our cv or other professional accounts such as LinkedIn should be in our priority list. Don't delay this further.
● BE A WRITER - The idea of writing a novel or being a writer itself is unnerving. How many of us have had the thought to write and just admitted defeat. Writing is a practise which will make you pen down your thoughts and make you feel good.
● START A BLOG - One can never go wrong with writing a blog. You can use this platform for anything like an online writing portfolio, a space to share your passions or as an opportunity to try something new. It's time to be imaginative, it's the time to be creative.