Masterclass on Travel Journalism by Bhagyalakshmi Krishnamurthy
The workshop will cover
1) The evolution and growth of travel writing both in India and globally and notable Travel writers.
2) Forms of and Mediums on which Travel Writing is featured
3) What goes into good travel writing and how to critique travel writing.
4) The present scenario and scope of travel writing
5) Economics of Travel Writing
6) An exercise in Travel Writing
About the facilitator
Mrs. Bhagyalakshmi is a freelance travel writer with over 25 years of experience across a wide range of writing genres. Having started her writing career as a Features Columnist with The Hindu in 1992, she has since branched out across publications, with a wide range of subjects right from interviews with eminent personas to Parenting and Indian Culture.
Her fondest love, however, has been travel writing, where she has authored and published a Guide Book/App on Mysore with Guide Gecko, apart from being published in the Times of India, The Hindu, Deccan Herald, Kalnirnay (International) and The Speaking Tree among others. With certifications from MatadorU and Chillibreeze, she has now ventured into online travel blogging and social media. (" www.ofplacesandpeople.com " )